Thursday, January 29, 2009

Adult Ribwarmer

Progress on the Ribwarmer!  This is the first side.  I started at the top left (back of neck), increased for the shoulder, straight down the front,  short rows for the first corner, then straight for the underarm.

Then....

I'm working the version that is seamless in the back, so I was supposed to work only half of the back corner.  Instead I worked a full corner (red arrows).  Now it's time to rip back the red arrow parts and set it aside while I work the 2nd side.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I live in Chico too! And.. what a coinkydink...I am contemplating my first Ribwarmer right now! I just got the "Ribwarmer revisited" leaflet and am letting it marinate in my brain for a while before the cast-on. I walk in lower park as often as possible, and loved your spiel about "discovering" the World of Trees trail loop. It is one of the great secrets of Chico. The cork oak grove is the largest one in the U.S. It's a magical place.
    I take my granddaughter to the library quite often, so I'll look for you some time.
    I love knitting, but am humbled by your creations! Your pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anon, and thanks for the kind words. If you are ever in the mood, and free on Thursday afternoons, there is a group that meets at Heartstrings Yarn Studio every Thursday at 3 o'clock. Join us :-)

    ReplyDelete