Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chores a comfort?

FiberQat said this on her blog today, and I quote:

"... so the routines related to taking care of the everyday things have become the comfort. Things that break those routines feel like interruptions that trigger stress."

Oh, I wish that the routines related to taking care of everyday things were a comfort.  Chores are chores, and there's no getting around it.  Maybe, though, I could try and rearrange my head so that cleaning off my various desk/dresser/cabinet tops would be a comfort?  I admit it's nice to have a clean desk top, which is rare.  And dust on dresser tops is a little upsetting.  Cobwebs in high places are discomforting.  Do I feel a new year resolution coming on?

On the other hand, going for a walk in the park this morning was way more fun that cleaning my desk would have been.

On the knitting front, I'm almost finished with both the heels on my current socks.  Will be done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment