Sunday, January 11, 2009

Walk, work, knit, enjoy

20090111 Bidwell WinterWe went for a walk in the park this morning. I haven't moved my parts in a week, so it wasn't as easy to walk as it could have been. Oh, well....

The white barked trees in the picture are western sycamores - my favorite winter tree. Taken with the cell phone, this isn't the greatest, but my vision isn't much better, so it works for me :-)

I might as well catch you up with what I've been doing lately. We've seen a couple of movies: "Doubt" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". J asked me this morning which I thought was better. I couldn't decide, so I guess I'd give them both 3.5 stars. Both are well acted, well done, and interesting.

The Library where I work is about to head into difficult financial times, so I expect my part time hours to be cut after May or June. The good news is that my Social Security payments start in March. Wahoo - a new kitchen (cabinets, counter, stove, fridge, and paint) is in my future, and maybe a new PC/router/monitor. Why save for a future when the future is now for an officially senior person.

Oh, and speaking of toys, Palm announced a new smartphone. The Palm Pre (odd name) is everything I want in a smartphone. It has all phone functions, a qwerty keyboard, pda apps, Internet, email and wifi(!). It should be available sometime in 2009. So far it's only announced for Sprint. I'm thinking about it.

I finished my multidirectional scarf, made from Noro Silk Garden Lite (45% Silk, 45% Kid Mohair, 10% Lamb's Wool). I used two skeins, which wasn't enough to add fringe to this 40" scarf. If I were going to use this yarn again, I'd used 3 skeins, and still maybe not add the fringe. I'm not a fan of fringe.

My cotton/wool/nylon socks are almost done. Starting from the toe, I'm up to the legs on both socks. I'm liking Cat Bordhi's Riverbed architecture.

All knitting links to Ravelry.com. If you aren't a member, you should be. There's a wealth of inspiration and information there.

No comments:

Post a Comment