Thursday, February 12, 2009

Knitting bla bla

I don't have any pictures to post - the 2nd front half of the ribwarmer is done and it looks just like the 1st half. That's a good thing. Now I join at the bottom of the back and knit upwards toward the shoulder. It goes pretty fast, even for this slow knitter.

I've been rummaging through my Ravelry friends' activity. Actually, not rummaging but following. I subscribe to my friends' activity with Google Reader so anytime people tag something as a favorite, or comment on something, or add something to their projects then I see it. I am amazed every day what wonderful projects people make, and it's inspiring.

When I'm ready to start a new project, I search through Ravelry projects to see what other people have done with a particular pattern, what modifications they've made, what yarn they used, whether or not they are happy with it, etc.

Of course, lots of people join Ravelry not to knit/crochet/etc., but so they can stir up a bunch of crap in the forums. I pass on the forums as a huge waste of time. There are a few forum groups I belong to and enjoy... Zimmermaniacs being my favorite right now.

So, now that I've rambled on, it's time to post this and go for a walk. Right now we are between the lovely rain we've been getting here in Chico, CA.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ! I thought Chico was a desert? It's looks awfully green there...

    (outside my window it's all white.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's not a desert, but it's pretty arid in the hot summer months. Anytime before June is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete