Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Local Photographer Frosteez

On flickr there is a local photographer (Chico, CA) who employs a digital technique called HDR (High Dynamic Range) to create lovely pictures.  The idea is you take several pictures of the same image, each one with a different f-stop.  Then you use your favorite software to stack up the layers to produce a photo that has incredible detail.  She, "frosteez", went to Yosemite this weekend.   Here are a couple of her photos:

I wonder if I can do this, even with my little Olympus point and shoot + Photoshop Elements.  The camera does have an f-stop adjustment.  Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Diane! HDR is fun...check out my stream for some HDR'd local landmarks also. Ryan Eng has a great tutorial on flickr http://www.flickr.com/groups/845839@N24/discuss/72157609925357865/

    PS...as you can see...my screen name/email is cdfnchico!....Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Cathy. I found Ryan Eng's tutorial has moved...
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/845839@N24/discuss/72157609925357865/

    ReplyDelete