Sunday, April 5, 2009

Found a new Yarn Store & Peonies are blooming

20090404 Lakes Basin AreaI had a great day yesterday – any day that includes going to the mountains and finding a new yarn store is a good day :-)

We drove up to Graeagle, CA, for lunch at the Millworks.  They make the best soup in California!  Yesterday’s soup was “stuffed bell pepper”.  Mmmm.  And the huge cookies?  I bought 4 of them to take to the library today as a “last open Sunday” memento for my co-workers.

While we were having lunch a bag of Noro yarn and a book walked by in a semi-opaque bag.  You can’t miss Noro’s colors.  What ho?  There’s a yarn store in Graeagle??  I actually looked for the lady when we left to ask her where the store was but couldn’t find her, and I didn’t feel like checking the bathroom so we left without asking.

We went for a short drive up to the Lakes Basin area, until the Road Closed sign.  There’s SNOW up there.  Nice.  On the way back we spotted the Grand Opening sign for Woolly Notions.  Since I feel I must support all new yarn stores, I picked up a couple of skeins of Crystal Palace Superwash Bamboo/Wool/Nylon sock yarn, which feels wonderful and should make wonderful shortie summer socks.  I got the lovely purple prism, which is way lovelier than the color on my screen – darker and brighter.  The Woolly Notions store is quite nice and fits into the Graeagle look and feel very well.

When we got home I took pictures of the tree peony in the afternoon sun.  It’s beautiful this year.

20090404 Peony Blossom 20090404 Tree Peony 20090404 Tree Peony Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment