Saturday, August 1, 2009

Crescent City

I just spent a wonderful week on the Northern California coast.  Ahhh, so cool! So foggy!  I got a lot of knitting done.  We walked in a beautiful redwood forest and drove along some beautiful stretches of coastal highway.  I took lots of pictures.

200907 View from Dining RoomOur little rental house smells of mold, but you really can’t beat this view from the dining room window.  It’s a dream come true to sit and knit in the afternoon sun, well sort of sun and fog, and look out at this view.

We saw the latest Harry Potter movie (C+).  We saw Grand Turino and The Wrestler on DVD (both A+).  We saw a few other forgettable movies too, on DVD (New In Town, The Jane Austin Book Club, Taken – all C).

I’m reading Carolyn Chute’s new book, The School on Heart’s Content Road.  It’s an extremely well-written book, but I feel sad for people who have so little hope in their lives.  I recommend it, but not if you are looking for a quickie.

It’s been a good week away from all my daily responsibilities.  It’s good to be home with the kitties, sleeping on my own bed.

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful, but your own bed is always welcome after a trip. Renate

    ReplyDelete