Wednesday, March 10, 2010


Well, last night was a first for me.  I ripped out an entire sock WIP because it didn't fit after I finished the foot (toe up).  The thing is, I used knitter's logic and actually made two sock feet.  Because, after I finished the first sock foot I told myself, "It will fit after I wash it."  Then I finished the second sock foot.  Finally I had to admit that these socks were never going to fit my feet, and the only person I know with feet that size wouldn't wear pink if her life depended on it.

I hate ripping out, but in this case I was putting those socks out of their misery.  I still like the pattern, but I'm going to adjust the sizing to fit me.  These socks will never be finished by the time the next pair of socks in the Rockin Sock Club arrive at the end of March. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that stinks. So much work and no progress. I like the yarn though. Renate