Sunday, May 16, 2010

Three Years

My little investments, starting in May of 2007…

image

This month hasn’t been very much fun, but overall I’m almost out of the red.

When you are young you think you have all the time in the world to recover from losses.  Now that I’m older, long term planning and short term planning are converging.  I’d like to be enough in the green so that I can begin to withdraw some money each year without reducing my principle too much.  And, I’d like this withdrawing to start before I’m too old to enjoy it.  (Who wants to spend their nest egg on medical bills?!?)  At least that’s the plan – the long and short of it.

1 comment:

  1. In case you didn't know, women are usually better investors than men because we don't move in and out of the market at a whim. When I was still working, everyone was talking about Enron. One of the Lieutenants asked my opinion. My philosophy always was if everyone is talking about it and buying it, then stay away from it. He saved himself a lot of grief.

    ReplyDelete