Monday, August 30, 2010

I have been knitting

 Back Camera Back Camera Back Camera

The purple shrug is for the Craft Fair in November and was so easy to knit.  The lovely Karen was kind enough to model it.  It’s knit in 2x2 ribbing for 8”, then 1x1 rib for 18”, then another 8” of 2x2 rib.  Fold it in half and sew up the 2x2 rib part.  Viola!  It’s being held together in front with a shawl pin in the pictures, but I have a button-chain thing to put on that will let it fall open about 1.5” in front.

Back CameraThe pink thing is going to be a scarf.  I’m not enjoying the knitting of it – huge US17 needles, lace weight yarn for 4 rows, then slippy slidey ribbon for two rows.  It’s showy and should sell well at the Craft Fair.  The things we do for the Chico Friends of the Library.

Still to do:  update my ravelry projects!

1 comment:

  1. I love the shrug! By the way there is not enough money in the world to make me knit with size 17 needles voluntarily. You have my respect. Renate

    ReplyDelete