Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fruity

20110112 From Mike & Mary20110107 Lemon BushIsn’t it wonderful that California grows citrus?  These came from the neighbors’ bushes and were a hostess gift last night.  The neighbors claimed they aren’t sweet, but I had one for breakfast and it was perfect.

I, unlike my neighbors, have not had good luck with my citrus.  My lemon bush is under wraps to protect it from the frost.  Actually, it’s J’s lemon bush.  I really, really want some lemons this year.  A fresh lemon chiffon pie is very, very good.

Speaking of pie, I have had a book checked out from the library for a long time, probably abusing my status as a volunteer to repeatedly renew it.  It is Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie.  Eventually I’ll have to return it.  Maybe somebody will give it to me for my birthday Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember the orange tree we had in the side yard when we lived in Southern California. They were so good. And the lemons tasted totally different from what you can buy in the store up here. Renate

    ReplyDelete