Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Knitter’s Review

I’m a fan of Clara Parkes, author and publisher of Knitter’s Review.  Each week she discusses something of interest to people in the fiber world.  She’s intensely interested in yarn and its sources – her first book was about yarn (with some patterns), her second book was about wool (with some patterns).  Her third book is about socks, with patterns.  Each book is a scholarly work on its subject.  She’s one smart woman!

This week she’s wrapping up 2011, with a 2011 Retrospective.  She talks about things I have noticed, but only in the back of my head.  Like, there really are a lot of knitting events one can attend, and there are a lot of clubs one can join, etc.  It’s all good for the fiber world.

In the beginning of December she talked about notable books published in 2011.  I have at least three of these books (Knit One Knit All, Charts Made Simple, and All Wound Up), and may have a fourth (Finishing School), but I can’t find it.  When I do the archeological dig of my desk top I may stumble upon it.

And… if you follow her on twitter you are frequently rewarded with a picture of her morning latte.  Yum.

So, if you aren’t already a fan, I recommend her Knitter’s Review web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment