Thursday, May 3, 2012

As big as a sandwich plate, the peony blossoms are good this year (tree peony).


As big as a sandwich plate, the peony blossoms are good this year (tree peony).
Originally uploaded by DFNoJunk

There are so many flowers to choose from in my garden this Spring. This peony, from mid-April is my favorite. Now the blooms are gone and only the seed pods are there to remind me of their past glory.

I wish I could take credit for my garden's splendor, but Miggy, the master gardener, has made it beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I used to have peony bushes with larger than usual blooms at my old house in Grand Rapids. Now, we are in competition with the deer for anything that looks like it was planted by humans. And then in the Summer, they also steal most of the blueberries growing on the property. Oh well! They were here first. Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete