Monday, August 5, 2013

Tap, tap. Is this thing on?

Here we are in Chico, which has cooled off somewhat with cool nights.  That makes the mornings delightful.  Okay, I've covered the weather.  Politics, both local, state, and national are not enjoyable to talk about.  We saw a good movie:  The Way, Way Back, which is hard to describe... about a boy in early teens with family problems, chock full of good acting (4 out of 5 stars).  I finished a good book, which I recommend:  A Delicate Truth, by John LeCarrè.

Current work in progress

I have spent a long time - weeks - knitting a sweatshirt for me out of this yarn.  That's weeks and weeks of stockinette with a few purls thrown in every 10 rows or so.  Today I discovered I had knit a couple of rounds too many, so I made negative progress tonight.

Ella Rae, Lace Merino DK, Charcoal #101

At least I'm up to the arm pits, so I should be done by fall. This sweatshirt is driving me to other projects.  I have socks on the needles, finished a sample for a class, and there is lace yarn from knitivity calling my name.  I will persevere with the sweatshirt, or it will never get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment