Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I'm suddenly struck with my own mortality.  Officially a senior citizen, I think of all the people I feel close to on the internet - people I've never seen in person, but have corresponded with for over 20 years.  Over 20 Years, Maybe 30!  If I die, how will they know I've gone?  If I am the parent/owner of my internet presence, then it needs a god parent.

I am not surrounded by people as taken with online pen pals as I am, and the tech saviness of those closest to me leaves my internet presence without a god parent.

I'll have to think about this.

Merry Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...good question. Times were that we went through our relatives' adress books for those people's names and numbers we needed to notify. In these days of large internet friends, it's not so easy. A note in your will with instructions for someone (younger relative, niece, nephew; lawyer; partner or partner's relatives), to notify different places, like Facebook, and address books? I'll have to think on this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thoughts have been roaming around the periphery of my brain of late. I don't have anyone around me who's even half aware of what I do online for so many hours a day. No one would have a clue who or how to notify ...

    I'm sure the folks who cooked up the internet never imagined this quandary, or they'd have come up with a solution, too, No?

    ReplyDelete